Every studio benefits from high ceilings & natural light as well as 3 double electrical sockets. There is a shared artist’s sink, and we have an open policy to all creatives, meaning we don’t prefer one practice over another. The studios are open to painters, sculptors, designers etc, however due to noise restriction both construction & music aren’t suitable.
In the future we’re looking to host a local café and more, turning the building into a community asset and a safe space for artists, as we have done in Hackney Wick.
Good news! We’re almost finished building phase 3 at Mother Studios and they will be ready early May! 7 out of 11 have already been snapped up, these studios are suitable for any artist or creative, with beautiful natural light from skylights and high ceilings.
If you’re keen to join our ever-growing vibrant artist community there are a range of sizes to suit all needs, sizes starting at 200 sq ft approx & £153 pcm – 672 sq ft approx & £490.00 pcm.
We have no application process; just send us a little email with a line or two about your practice, so we can help you find the best space for you.
- Studios are work only, not residential.
- The contract is a licence.
- Mother Studios is for visual artists only. Unfortunately we can’t accommodate musicians.
- A flexible minimum stay of length is required for 6 months, with no maximum term.
- On moving in a month’s rent in advance and a month’s deposit is required.
- A month’s notice only is required on leaving.
- Business rates currently are all zero for all studios at Mother, though you must inform the local council & obtain a business rates relief form to submit to them.
Drop us an email if you’d like to check them out: Jo@motherstudios.co.uk